(Version Date: May 1, 2019)
- Outline your legal rights with regard to using the HouseFax website and mobile applications
- Explain the rights you give to us when you use the HouseFax Site
- Describe the rules everyone needs to follow when using HouseFax
- Contain a class action waiver and an agreement to resolve any disputes that may arise by arbitration
ACCESSING THE SITE AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Site and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, photos, images, graphics, video and audio, and the layout and design, selection and arrangement and organization thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
• Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials, in RAM or a temporary internet cache file, incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
• You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
Except to procure your own personal services, unless a Brand Partner, you must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Site or any services or materials available through the Site. Systematic retrieval of the materials or other data from this Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, a collection, compilation, directory or database without the express written permission of Company is strictly prohibited.
The Company name, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries).
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
• To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or that, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
• Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
• Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
• Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
• Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
The Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Site.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site.
MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT; TERMINATION
We have the right to:
• Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason at our sole discretion.
• Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
• Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
• Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable.
• Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
• Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
• Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
DIGITAL MILLENIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
It is our policy to respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you are alleging that material available through the Site infringes upon your copyright, we ask that you please submit a written notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to the address provided below. In order to be effective, the notice must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit HouseFax to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit HouseFax to contact you (e.g., an address, telephone number and an email address.
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
In the event that materials are removed from the Site by the Company (or access to the material is disabled) and you believe that such material is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to law, please submit a written counter-notification pursuant to the DMCA. In order to be effective, the counter-notification must include the following:
1. Your physical or electronic signature.
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
4. Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the State of Delaware, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. .
All written notices should be sent to the following: National HouseCheck Corporation, 950 West Bannock Street, Suite 950, Boise, ID, 83702, Attention: Legal Department; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. .
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. We may update the content on this Site from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
This Site may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE SITE
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LINKING TO THE SITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
This Site may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
• Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Site.
• Send e-mails or other communications with certain content or links to certain content on this Site.
• Cause limited portions of content on this Site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
• Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
• Cause the Site or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
• Link to any part of the Site other than the homepage.
LINKS FROM THE SITE
If the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, including our Brand Partners, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
We provide this Site for use only by persons located in the United States. Software and other materials from this Site may also be subject to United States Export Control. The United States Export Control laws prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (1) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (2) anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. The Company does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from this Site to any jurisdiction prohibited by U.S. Export Laws. We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
NO WARRANTY. HOUSEFAX PROVIDES THE SITE “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HOUSEFAX, ITS VENDORS AND ITS BRAND PARTNERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. HOUSEFAX, ITS VENDORS AND BRAND PARTNERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
LIABILITY LIMITATION; EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
DISPUTE RESOLUTION; GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
MANDATORY BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION INSTEAD OF COURT; CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
(c) If you have a dispute and elect to seek arbitration or file a claim in small claims court, you must first send to HouseFax, by certified mail, a written notice of your claim that (a) describes the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; (b) sets forth the specific relief sought and (c) includes a physical address and email address where you may be reached (“Notice”). The Notice must be addressed to: General Counsel, HouseFax, 950 W. Bannock St., Suite 950, Boise, ID 83702 (“Notice Address”). If HouseFax and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 60 days after the Notice is received, you or HouseFax may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court. You may download or copy a form to initiate arbitration at www.adr.org.
(e) Each party will bear the expense of its own counsel, experts, witnesses and preparation and presentation of evidence at any arbitration hearing.
(f) If your claim is for US$25,000 or less, you and HouseFax agree that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents or through a telephonic hearing. If your claim exceeds US$25,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the arbitrator. ANY IN-PERSON HEARING WILL OCCUR IN BOISE, IDAHO.
(g) You and HouseFax agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, representative, consolidated or mass action. You shall not join or consolidate claims or arbitrate or otherwise participate in any claim as a class representative, class member or in a private attorney general capacity.
(h) Any arbitration will be confidential. Neither you, HouseFax, the AAA nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content (including any oral or written submissions), or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcing or challenging of the arbitration award.
JURISDICTION AND VENUE
If any part of this section is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of this section shall still be given full force and effect.
LIMITATION ON TIME TO FILE CLAIMS
WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
YOUR COMMENTS AND CONCERNS
This Website is operated by HouseFax, a division of National HouseCheck Corporation, 950 West Bannock Street, Suite 950, Boise, ID, 83702. Many if not most communications between Company and you will be sent and received electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications exchanged between you and the Company electronically shall satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing. Please direct all other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Site to support@HouseFax.com.